Monday, October 29, 2012

Page99Test - What is it?

Continually scouring the internet for free ways to self-market my indie ebook Crimson & Cream, I've uncovered yet another interesting site.  I've already tried it and I'll tell you what I think.

Website Name:  Page99Test

What it's About (in their own words):
For decades, readers have used the Page 99 Test to judge the writing of a book before buying it. That's the idea here... but with a twist.
Here, published and unpublished writers share their page 99s with readers like you. And you get to rate their writing (without knowing if it's published or who the author is). It's fast. Fun. Addictive.
Page99Test

How it Works:  Founded in 2010, Page 99 Test lets you read one page (you guessed it--page 99!) from a random, anonymous book. After you read the page, you're prompted to answer three questions:
  1. Would you Turn the Page?
  2. Tell the writer why or why not.
  3. Based on what you read, how likely are you to buy this book?
Your responses to these three questions are then posted with the other comments on a summary-type page for the respective book. After submitting your mini-review, you're also able to read a synopsis of the book and an author-provided link, which may be to their website, Amazon book page, etc.  You can set your profile to limit which book genres you'd like to appear, if you're interested in reading only certain genres.

As an author, you can upload up to three 'page 99s' for people to read and review.  Technically, you don't have to upload page 99 specifically, but there is a character limit, so whatever you decide to put up can only be the equivalent of one page of text.  The site is monitored so rude or antagonistic comments are removed.

I uploaded page 99 (it's a little difficult to pinpoint page 99 exactly from an ebook, but I did my best).  So far, I have no comments, and must admit, I'm nervous about the feedback.  I've already reviewed five other pages, and with the exception of one, had some constructive criticism for the authors.  Hopefully I can take it as well as I dish it out (I tried my best to be helpful while being honest).  I must admit, it was addictive, and did get my juices flowing as far as wanting to write more of Book Two of The Oxbow Kingdom Trilogy (as yet unnamed).

Anyone can upload a page to be reviewed, even if it's not published anywhere.  Four of the five pages I sampled were self-published indie authors.  The fifth was an unpublished excerpt.  I decided to read only fantasy excerpts for now, and admit there was a pretty wide range of quality and content in the five samples I read.  I'll definitely be doing more reviewing, and possibly putting up another page 99 or two from my yet unpublished work.

If you have a minute, check it out.  You might have fun!  Page99Test
Page99Test - What is it? - Hello Reader of 4concpoesiaecsps, In the article you read this time with the title Page99Test - What is it?, We have prepared this article for you to read and retrieve information therein. Hopefully the contents of postings We write this you can understand. well, happy reading.

Title : Page99Test - What is it?
link : Page99Test - What is it?

Read Also


Page99Test - What is it?



So this article Page99Test - What is it?

The article Page99Test - What is it? this time, Hopefully can give benefits to all of you. well, see you in other articles.

You are now reading the article Page99Test - What is it? with the link address http://4concpoesiaecsps.blogspot.com/2012/10/page99test-what-is-it.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment