Monday, October 15, 2012

Novelnook - New! - What is it?

A few weeks ago I posted about my self-publishing 'experiment' with OnlyIndie.  Well, I 'Stumbled Upon' another new website catering to the eBook self-publisher.  The name of the website is Novelnook, and it's still currently in beta, with a targeted full release date in mid-November.  Based on my experience, the beta is in good shape, as everything an author needs to register and upload an eBook worked seamlessly for me.  The only requirement I didn't have was a verified PayPal account, but that wasn't a major stumbling block for me, though some may be reluctant to go this route.

As you can probably tell, I'm trying to turn every stone as far as promoting Crimson & Cream goes.  My only self-imposed caveat is that I'm exhausting all the free avenues first.  That's why I gave Novelnook a shot.  It's practically brand new, having gone from Conception to Completion in just 12 Weeks.  'What exactly is Novelbook?' you may ask.  Well, from their website:

  ". . . The internet has opened doors that have never been open before; for publishers, authors, and readers. The most recent trends have been aimed at simplifying the self-publishing process. Why? Well, quite frankly it’s cheaper, faster, and easier for authors. With eBooks on the rise, authors are scrambling to join the eBook push. However, it seems that much complexity still exists in the publishing world, even online. That’s where we come in. Novelnook – the world’s only free self-publishing eBook store. Simplified, fast, and free."

Sounds pretty good, no?  I can attest to the 'simplified, fast, and free' part, as that's exactly how it worked for me.  I started the process this morning, registered, verified my PayPal account, uploaded my book, and received a confirmation from Novelnook, and am blogging about it this afternoon.

What makes Novelbook different from other websites you're familiar with?  This caught my eye:

  "You are not required to pay a single dime to post your work and receive all of your sales in full."

This sets Novelnook apart from other self-publishing websites that let you post your eBooks for free, but take a cut of the profit.  Will the financial model work?  Time will tell.  As an author, I'm hoping it does.  But if it doesn't, I don't lose anything.  It's  clear that the self-publishing revolution is still evolving, as new business models like OnlyIndie and Novelnook try to not only break the traditional publishing model, but the existing eBook self-publishing model as well.

There's a lot more to Novelnook that my little snapshot reveals, but instead of me trying to explain everything, I'd recommend checking out the Novelnook Blog and website for more info.  I'm sure I still have a lot to learn about the website, especially with new features still planned to be rolled out.

Needless to say (yet I'll say it anyway), Crimson & Cream is now available for purchase on another website.  Like my experience with OnlyIndie, I'll keep you posted on developments with Novelnook as they progress.


Novelnook - New! - What is it? - Hello Reader of 4concpoesiaecsps, In the article you read this time with the title Novelnook - New! - What is it?, We have prepared this article for you to read and retrieve information therein. Hopefully the contents of postings We write this you can understand. well, happy reading.

Title : Novelnook - New! - What is it?
link : Novelnook - New! - What is it?

Read Also


Novelnook - New! - What is it?



So this article Novelnook - New! - What is it?

The article Novelnook - New! - What is it? this time, Hopefully can give benefits to all of you. well, see you in other articles.

You are now reading the article Novelnook - New! - What is it? with the link address http://4concpoesiaecsps.blogspot.com/2012/10/novelnook-new-what-is-it.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment